Saturday 23 August 2008

Thoughts on TouchFLO part 1

I've called this post part 1 as I'm sure I'll have more thoughts on TouchFLO in the coming weeks but here are some initial thoughts.

This is the TouchFLO interface, the 'home' screen is the second from the left (with the clock)
  1. Not as many 'one click' options as IPhone, on the afor mentioned jesus phone you get the now famous 15 icons that allow you to goto an array of useful things. With touch flo there is a slightly limited feel to it, as the main home screen only has 10 one click destinations, with a further 5 being on the other end of the slider
  2. Slide Accuracy, it might just be me but the videos of TouchFLO look great, the finger slides along, and brings up exactly what the user wants. One problem though, is due to the 'both parts moving' element to the slider it's difficult to know (at least at first) where, say, music, will be on the bar when you get the slider over it, and when you do, your thumb is over it. I'm actually starting to find it easier to hit the 'programs' option, which whizzes the slider to the end, then just tap the option I actually want - which makes the fancy slider a little superfluous. I may get used to it, I don't know
  3. Diary display, so far I've only ever seen one diary entry on the main home screen. Now this flips between the massive flipper clock in the pic, and a smaller clock allowing more space for the diary entries only they don't seem to use it!
On the plus side it looks great, and the weather animations are great, more comments on TouchFLO coming soon

No comments: